Tuesday 8 November 2011

Crackle Beads Revisited

You may remember from a post back in January that I purchased a wonderful Tutorial by Naftali on how to crackle with polymer clay.

It has been a little while, but I decided to make some more crackle beads on Sunday.

I was somewhat hindered by the fact that I do not have the tutorial any more - we had some trouble with an infected PC a few months ago and unfortunately it wiped all my emails from before April - and guess who had not saved the tutorial and backed it up? Yes that would be me!

So after a couple of false starts, several cups of coffee to try and engage my memory banks and one memorable mess up with using Liquid Polymer Clay instead of what I should have been using (if you want to know then you need to go here to Naftali and buy her wonderful tutorial, I can highly recommend it!), which turned out to be very messy indeed, I finally remembered what I was supposed to do.

Here are the results - I am really pleased with how they turned out! Oh yes - there was also an incident with overenthusiastic sanding and ruining not only one, but two pendants, think I would have learned by now wouldn't you!!

Oh well - as my friend Lisa told me - it is called the "Learning Process" - thanks Lisa!

Well - back to the clay table - hope you are all having a good week!

Pippa

5 comments:

higirls said...

Haha! Honored to be quoted here! These are amazing!!!

Pips said...

Lisa - you are more than welcome!!! Thank you so much, despite all the mistakes they were fun to do!

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

Really beautiful-well done!

Dotty Peach said...

These are really lovely, what a clever effect.

Pips said...

Thank you so much Kathleen! I've just been looking at your beautiful blog!

Lorraine thank you! The effect is lovely - I can really recommend the tutorial by Janice - it is one of the best!