I promised you another post today.
I have been thinking for awhile now about putting a range on my Etsy Shop that is different to my jewellery. I started with buttons and have now got the beginnings of a range of tiny charms.
I have been doing lots of experimenting over the past few months with antiquing beads with acrylic paint with varying degrees of success, well actually rather a large number of failures in fact! I could not get the look that I wanted, most of the time the beads ended up looking dirty rather than antiqued - not quite what I was looking for. I have also been experimenting with sealing the beads. Those of you who know my work, know that I sand everything that I can and then buff my beads and never, ever use glazes or varnishes. But of course, you cannot leave paint unsealed, so I had to find something that would work. I really hate varnishes and glazes, they always "gloop" or drip or just look wrong.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I eventually discovered a way of sealing the beads that works, gives the look that I want, doesn't drip or gloop and best of all is easy to apply! Phew...breath a sigh of relief!
I have ideas for other charms as well, and also want to start doing some bead sets as well. I might even be persuaded to do some of my cupcake charms!
My daughter Katie loved these little Toadstool Charms so much than she insisted I make her a pair of earrings with the new earwires that I had just got through the post! Here they are, and here is Katie modelling them!
All these tiny charms are now in my Etsy shop. I do hope you like them!
Let me know what you think - I always love to get some feedback from all of you.
I am painting the skirting and doors tomorrow in the latest phase of my studio room - not my idea of fun! Hope you all have a great weekend!